According to the Protection Zone Law protection zones are specified along electricity networks of any type and belonging in order to ensure operation and safety of electricity networks, their facilities and buildings.
- If the protection zone has been specified for an object, its owner is allowed to perform activities necessary for the exploitation, repair, renovation and reconstruction of the respective object. The land owner or a legal possessor has to be notified thereof in writing at least two weeks before the commencement of the activities, except for prevention of accidents or activities for the elimination of the consequences thereof, which may be performed at any time.
- In protection zones that are on agricultural land, the planned activities of exploitation, repair, renovation and reconstruction have to be carried out within a period of time when these areas are not occupied by agricultural cultivated plants or when the preservation of the agricultural cultivated plants is possible, except for prevention of accidents or activities for the elimination of the consequences, which may be performed at any time.
- After performance of the referred to activities, the owner of the object has to restore the area in such a state so that it is useful for utilisation for the intended needs, as well as has to compensate the land owner or user for losses caused during the performance of the activities. Determination and payment has to be carried out in accordance with the procedures set out in laws or on the basis of a mutual agreement.
- In protection zones, legal entities and natural persons have to fulfil the lawful requests of the owner of the relevant object.
- Informative signs for marking the protection zones of overhead electric lines are placed on supports 2.5 to 3 meters above the ground or on all supports – for electric lines, voltage of which is 110 and 330 kilovolts.
In the protection zones of electric transmission networks is prohibited
- To block up service roads and accesses to the objects of the electricity networks.
- To place storage facilities of feed-stuff, mineral fertilisers, fuel, lubricating materials, chemical substances or chemical products, timber and storage facilities for other kind of materials and substances.
- To arrange sports grounds, playground, stadiums, markets, public transport stops, parking-places for machines and mechanisms in the protection zones along overhead lines, as well as to perform any events connected with the gathering of people.
- To perform works with an impact mechanisms, to drop heavy objects, to throw out and pour out acid and corrosion causing substances, fuel and lubrication material in the protection zones along the electricity transmission cable lines.
- To build, to perform capital repairs, to renovate or to demolish any buildings and structures without a permission of the owner of the respective communications.
- To carry out any kind of extraction of mineral resources, loading and unloading, dredging work, drawing of soil, detonation and amelioration works, as well as to place field settlements and mechanically water agricultural cultivated plants.
- To set up quaysides for ships, barges and floating cranes, to anchor, to go with cast anchors and nets, to determine fishing areas and to fish, to catch marine animals and to obtain marine plants using deepwater tools, as well as to arrange watering places in the protection zones along the submerged electricity transmission cable lines.
- To chop ice.
- To drive with vehicles and mechanisms, as well as to work with agricultural machinery, the height of which measuring from the surface of ground exceeds 4.5 metres.
- To carry out earthworks deeper than 0.3 metres, but in cultivated soils – deeper than 0.45 metres, as well as to perform ground grading with machinery.
- To perform works connected with temporary flooding of the land.
- To disturb by any activity, the employees of the energy supply company who perform maintenance, repair, reconstruction works, accident prevention or elimination of the consequences thereof in accordance with the procedures set out in this law.
- To be in the territory of the electricity network buildings and premises, open electrical installations, fences and hatches, connect oneself to the electricity network and operate with commutation devices.
- To throw any items into wires or supports or bring them near wires or supports.
- To climb on the constructions of the electricity networks, lean different items against them, place on or attach items to the constructions.
- To launch in the air kites, sports aircraft models and other flying items.
When building irrigation ditches and draining collector ditches, as well as arranging fences and performing other works, the service roads and access roads to the electricity networks and the structures have to be preserved. Growing of trees and bushes in the routes of the electricity networks is permitted with the written permission of the owner of the electricity network. Electricity supply companies, for which a license in accordance with the Energy Law is required, have to utilize real estate for the protection zones along the electricity networks without a compensation for the restriction of the right of use of real estate specified for the owner, possessor or the user of the real estate.